As we move rapidly to deploy online classes we need to ensure that students are engaged with them. The reports below will assist you in determining whether and how recently students are using Blackboard to access their courses.
|Are the students in my classes logging into Blackboard and accessing the material in my classes?
These reports take instructors directly to information about the courses they teach this term. Most useful for instructors.
|Are students using mobile devices to access course material?
Mobile Learn Course at a Glance: most useful for identifying students who may not have an appropriate device.
|What can I see about how an individual student is using Blackboard in each of their classes?
Most useful for student success and advising staff.
More detailed reports are available inside every Blackboard course.
If you feel that one of your Undergraduate students needs academic assistance, please consider referring them to the Academic Advocates via the Advocate Referral Form.
DoIT is collecting information we need to assist students who may not have an appropriate device to use. In those cases submit a help ticket.
Welcome to REX
REX is the reporting and decision support environment for UMBC’s data warehouse. The UMBC data warehouse integrates data from systems throughout UMBC. REX allows authorized faculty, staff, and institutional researchers to report and analyze University data. REX provides a few ways for reporting data from the data warehouse.
- Guided Reports
- Pre-written reports which allow authorized users to change options to suit their needs. These reports reflect the prior day’s information.
- Exploratory Analysis
- Advanced users can explore the data warehouse and create their own reports. This requires additional training and authorization, and is not intended for the casual user. This data reflects the prior day’s information.
- Institutional Research, Analysis & Decision Support
- Official data frozen on census dates is available for internal or external reporting.
- REX Finance
- These reports reflect the prior day’s information from the PeopleSoft Finance system.
- Data Dictionary
- An off-campus service (currently Data Cookbook) that allows REX to collect descriptions and definitions for reports, tables and fields used within REX. Their web site will use UMBC credentials, so you may be requested to login if you have not already.
- Data Gallery
- Data posters presented at the Annual University Retreat.